Use Those Scraps: Treat Yourself!

Parks and Recreation is my favorite show. I've seen the episodes enough times that I don't have to watch them anymore, I listen. At my house we call those "sewing shows"--shows I can "watch" without looking away while sewing.


Parks and Recreation - Treat. Yo. Self

This week's post is about treating yourself--using those extra scraps and using your stash to make something new and satisfying. (New to what and satisfying to whom? Well, you!) I used my curtains. Our new house has 9-foot ceilings and big open spaces--a big change from our 700-foot condo where we used to live. Tall ceilings required tall curtains, so we visited one of our favorite places in the whole world (IKEA!) and found some extra long linens. Almost a year later I finally got around to trimming off the extra 11 inches and finishing the look. That left me with four long strips of 11-inch wide linen fabric just sitting in my stash. I used a little here and there for some diaper cases and a little for wrapping gifts but I still had three whole strips left.

Enter gray chevron tote bag.

At Joann I scored a sweet gray chevron fabric at a super cheap price. If it were jersey knit I would probably have turned them into fingerless gloves. :) I found a soft purple pillow case I'd been saving and paired the two fabrics together into a simple, one-of-a-kind tote. A buyer wanted 5! I dug through my stash to see if I could find a comparable and remembered that linen!

Shazaam! I kind of like it more with the cream than purple. One can never have too many scraps. Maybe I'll put curtains on my kitchen window after all...

#TreatYoSelf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...